Before your visit
Welcome to Yan's Clinic, read the tips below to help you benefit fully from your treatment
- Please arrive on time to your appointment.
- Alcohol should be avoided on the day of treatment.Also try to avoid excessively fatigued or emotionally upset or shortly after sex, before your treatment.
- Do not come for acupuncture treatment on an empty stomach or right after a large meal – make sure you have had a light meal or snack beforehand to avoid lightheadedness, dizziness, and a grumbling stomach.
- For TCM treatment, if you have current condition related X-ray films or report, or MRI, CT scan report, or blood test reports, you may bring them with you.
- Try to take note down for any medications and supplements that you are taking. Most people are unaware of how supplements and medications interact with each other.
- Please inform your acupuncturist if you are receiving treatment such as chiropractic, physical therapy, massage, etc.
- For TCM treatment, for better reading of your tongue, please do not brush your tongue on the day of your appointment, not eat or drink anything that may change the color of your tongue within 3 hours prior to your appointment, or the use of heavily scented deodorants, perfumes and heavy cosmetics prior to acupuncture treatment.
- It is recommended to wear loose and comfortable clothes for acupuncture patients. For some patients (for example, pain in certain area), better to wear appropriate clothes to make the area easy to access.
- Plan your activities so that after the treatment you can get some rest, or at least not have to be working at top performance. This is especially important for the first few visits for some acupuncture patients.
- Ready to pay. We accept eftpos, cash only.